Monday, September 19, 2022

Playing

 As I noted in my post yesterday, there is something so satisfying about taking a doll out of her box, throwing her packaging away and just playing!  The Mattel made to move bodied dolls are just so much fun to PLAY with. They can pose like nobody's business. The joints may not be the most attractive out there, but they are very functional, and it's just plain fun to see what kind of realistic poses you can get the dolls into. For this particular photo shoot, Andra from the Signature Looks collection was my model. I didn't get outrageous with the posing, but this body is just fun to work with. 


It's nice to not have to worry about pushing the boundaries and breaking anything with these dolls because hello.........................they are only around the $20 price point, and when you have been buying resin dolls and Integrity product, that is chump change, lol. Of course, I don't want to break them, but if I did, it wouldn't be the end of the world to try and replace one.


I, like many collectors, started out with Barbie, and even though I moved on from the 1/6 scale for quite a while, I still bought the odd Barbie here and there because they were easy to find and fairly inexpensive when I wanted a new fashion doll to play with, so I've accumulated quite the Mattel wardrobe/accessories collection over the years.


This has come in handy since the pandemic, when I find my collecting interest reverting back to 1/6 scale with the discovery of the Integrity East 59th line, and the introduction of the Jamieshow Muses. While they are on a whole other collecting level than these wonderful Barbie Signature looks dolls, clothing and accessories can all be shared across the board, which is extremely nice.


The fresh face sculpts, paired with the variety of made to move body styles and mix and match outfits, have made the Signature Looks dolls very attractive to me, and I'm sure you will be seeing a lot more of them here on the blog in between JS Muse segments. As I said before, they are just plain fun to play with. I sit down with my bins of clothing and boxes of accessories, and it takes me back to playing on the floor of my bedroom as a young girl. 











No comments:

Post a Comment