Saturday, November 2, 2019

Ken Body Comparison

Yesterday as I was redressing my new BMR1959 Ken on the made to move body I was noticing the differences between this body and the "Harley" Ken body where the jointing was more like the pivotal body for the girls. I thought it might be useful to take a few comparison photos and post them. The first thing I noticed when I stood them side by side is the old body is slightly taller than the MTM body. The other body differences are much like the differences in the jointed bodies Mattel uses for the girls. The MTM Ken body adds jointing in the upper arm, chest, upper thigh, as well as making the joints at knee and elbow double jointed. The foot and ankle joints appear to be the same to me, although the MTM Ken also does have more flexibility where the leg joins the body due to the upper part of the leg being more carved out.
Another difference is that the new MTM guy has sculpted on underwear. Not sure WHY Mattel felt they had to do this, but he does...………..the upper thighs appear to be slightly bigger, but it didn't hinder his fit in the Ken fashion pack jeans I tried on him. I'll show a pic of him redressed at the end of this post. 
A shot of them from the side where I was trying to get MTM guy to slouch using that chest joint. The range of motion for it to slouch forward is minimal.
And here is a close up shot of the knee joints and upper thigh joint.
The older body is prettier aesthetically, but for me function out does aesthetics, and the double jointing allows for a much better range of motion, so I'm VERY happy we finally got a Ken that has the made to move body. I hope we will see more of them to follow!
And lastly a shot of him redressed. I just used clothing from a couple of different basic Ken packs from the past couple of years and as you can see no issues in fit. I foresee this guy getting lots of redress opportunity around here. I also foresee myself ordering a couple more to re-body some of my other guys.  Please Mattel, make more MTM Ken's!!






No comments:

Post a Comment