Friday, November 22, 2019

Brenda Starr

Last week the Prego doll board's theme was Tonner, so I felt compelled to get some of my Tonner dolls out for a little play time. One of my favorite faces Tonner included in his line over the years was Brenda Starr, who actually wasn't even sculpted by Tonner, but I loved her dimples and her smile and I have more incarnations of Brenda than any of the other Tonner dolls. Some of my favorite dolls were those done when Brenda was supposedly "Undercover"...……………….an excuse to give her a hair color other than red. I thought I would share a few of those girls here since several of them got new pictures recently. Midnight Star Charmeause (sp?) wearing Crimson from the Theatre de la Mode line.
Show Stopper Brenda was also a favorite, done as a blonde this time.
Then there is also the lovely brunette,  Cruise on the Nile, dressed in Holiday Gala, originally worn by Sydney.
Havanna Star was also a lovely brunette. She is wearing Dinner with Russell, borrowed from Esme.
Tropical Holiday was one I sold, then later regretted. Luckily I had a friend selling, so I snapped her up (again) and she stays from now on. She is wearing Tyler's Red Hot.
And the last of the "Undercover" girls to get new pics recently, Aurora Starr wearing one of Tonner's earliest separate fashions, Champagne Bubble. Still one of my favorites. Tonner really did do some absolutely amazing fashions over the years. 






1 comment:

  1. Thank you! She is a beautiful doll! There is lots of beautiful Tonner clothing on ebay for her...……….and lots of seamstresses sew for them too. Good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete