Sunday, March 3, 2024

The Daniels

 As I noted yesterday, I've been a bit remiss on my doll blogging. I can't believe it has been almost a year since I had last blogged prior to yesterday. Life has a way of getting away from you sometimes. I'm hoping to do better this year. I thought today I would take a look at my two Daniels from the Jamieshow Muses line. I really didn't have plans to add a second Daniel to the mix, as I was very happy with my Dangerous Love version, but when I saw Moments of Joy Daniel, he called to me loudly. He looked very different than his predecessor, to my eye, so I ended up caving on him in preorders and I'm very glad I did. Here is a shot of Moments of Joy as soon as he was out of the box, in the clothing he came with.


I like that MOJ has a straight gaze, instead of side glancing like Dangerous Love. I thought from the promos that MOJ would appear older, but in reality I think DL may be the elder of the two.


Here they are both dressed in black. Dangerous Love Daniel wearing Look 5 from the DL collection and MOJ Daniel in Look 13 from his collection.


I have always loved the lips on DL Daniel. They are just a bit fuller than his brother from the MOJ collection, I believe.



As my shelves become fuller, I need to be choosier with my selections from upcoming lines and try not to duplicate sculpts, but I have a real soft spot for the men, and I can't say that I'm sorry that I picked up a second version of the Daniel sculpt. I think with one forward glancing and one side glancing I should be satisfied from here on out, but I've learned never to say never where my doll collecting is concerned. Who is your favorite?













No comments:

Post a Comment