Saturday, March 9, 2024

La Vacanza

 In February the 2023 Summer Muses collection, La Vacanza, made it's way into collector hands. The collection was made up of 6 dolls, 2 new male sculpts and 4 female sculpts, 2 of which were new sculpts. I, of course, had to order the 2 new males, Gabriel and Dusan. On the female side I only preordered Ginnie. Ginnie is my favorite female muse sculpt, so anytime she makes an appearance she gets preordered. A quick shot of my three preordered dolls. upon arrival. From left to right, Dusan, Ginnie and Gabriel.


I was very excited by Gabriel's promos as he had a new wig cap style. Below is the promo pic.


In reality, the wig isn't styled quite as nicely as it is in the promos, but Gabriel is certainly a handsome new sculpt in the line and I'm glad I added him to my collection, even with the fuller wig cap. I am a bit hair challenged, but I might have to purchase some product and see if I can tame it a bit. I am happy that a new hair style was introduced for the men. I just wish it was executed a bit closer to the promo. 


Ginnie was the first of the three LV dolls that I redressed. Here she is modeling one of my favorite outfits in the collection, Look 7. There are a lot of fabulous mix and match pieces with this set.


I was pleasantly surprised by Ginnie's eye color. She has gorgeous blue eyes, which makes her different than the other two versions of the sculpt that already reside here.


The earrings for this outfit are little bird perches, tying in with the pattern of the coat.


The lace sheath dress underneath the coat will be a very versatile piece to add to the Muse girls wardrobe.


Under that gorgeous hat, Ginnie is wearing my favorite wig from La Vacanza, style 3, which I later went back and picked up the remaining colors I didn't preorder. It's a wonderful, versatile new hair style for the girls with a side swept long bang and a braided chignon in the back.


I wish they had offered some type of red option as well. Below are the color choices offered for the above mentioned wig. I guess the whimsical pink offering this time around took the place of a shade of red, typically offered in most Muse lines. I do like the pink, so I can't complain too much! 


A deeper dive into more of the outfits I received from the La Vacanza collection coming in a future post!


















No comments:

Post a Comment