Sunday, January 15, 2023

Signature Looks

 For Christmas I was able to acquire the last couple of girls to get me caught up with the Mattel Signature Looks collection (until the 2023 dolls start shipping that  is). My oldest son got Tamika from Round 2 for me. She is a new sculpt I believe on the petite body. The petite body is my least favorite made to move body for some reason, but I do think Tamika's sculpt is very pretty, and I love her hair color.


She has very bold turquoise eye makeup, which along with her magenta hair might make her a bit less versatile than the other girls. She also has the baby hair painted on at her hair line, which I'm not a fan of. I think it detracts from the sculpt and I wish Mattel and Integrity would stop doing it. I suppose there are those out there that like it though, and I realize what they were trying to accomplish. The look just doesn't work for my personal preference.


The second holiday doll I received in the Looks like was the final girl I was missing from the original release, #6, Victoria. I have to say I really like her out of the box. She's on the tall body. Here she is in her original outfit. I really like the basic black and white that the dolls came in for their debut collection. All the pieces are very versatile and look good on a wide variety of dolls.


A closer shot of Victoria's face.


I then had a little bit of fun redressing her in a Yoisrus outfit made for the integrity NuFace body. Since the tall girls are taller than the regular Barbie's, the length of the jumpsuit works for her. The Mattel tall body is a little bit thicker in the waist than Integrity girls though, so not all clothing is interchangeable. This jumpsuit however worked well on Victoria.


It looks like the tall redhead in the upcoming 2023 release uses Victoria's sculpt. I'm anxious to see owner pics of her when she starts shipping, as I do like the sculpt.













No comments:

Post a Comment