Tuesday, April 27, 2021

A Little Something Extra

 I picked up an impulse purchase while out at the grocery store last week. I saw her on the shelf and just couldn't resist bringing her home. My first girls from the Barbie Extra line. I thought the coat would be fun for Poppy and some of my NuFace girls, but I also loved her "poofs" as well and thought she would be fun to play with and restyle.  I'm a sucker for red, and love the colorful coat, it just called to me loudly. I don't know that I will pick up any of the rest of them, but I unpacked this one yesterday and got her in front of the camera and I do like her quite a lot, even if her "poofs" are a little unruly on mine. She comes with a little dog wearing sunglasses, that are non removeable by the way.


Under the coat she wears a cute red long sleeve crop tee with "Love" on the banding. The same banding is also on the shorts. Both pieces I can see working for mix and match potential. She is on the original articulated body. I wish they had used the made to move body, but the hands are prettier on this body at least.

This morning I decided to do some redressing so put her in a dress from an old "Spiegel" Barbie. Since the material is stretchy it works for her even though the original doll was on the larger bust Barbie body.


She really does have quite a pretty face, and the make up is well done for a play line doll available at a $24.99 price point. All in all I think she is a keeper.









1 comment:

  1. Thanks Linda! I really like this doll a lot. I still do like Barbie for play value, and a quick fix!

    ReplyDelete