Sunday, April 19, 2015

NaNaNaNaNaNaNaNa............

Tonner has done a lot of character likenesses over the years................some good, some not so good (IMHO), so when it was announced that he was going to do Batman from the 1966 TV series I held my breath. I LOVED that show growing up. It was on every day when I got home from school, and I remember pitching a fit for having to go to dance class one night a week because it meant that I had to miss Batman. So, in regards to the dolls, I watched the net hoping to see some real owner pics of the dolls..................and I waited, and I waited, and you get the idea. It seemed there weren't any owner shots to be had. So, I then waited for a sale, which I eventually found, and Batman arrived. Upon opening the box, I was pleasantly surprised............in my mind Tonner has a "hit" with this character likeness. He looks very much like Adam West IMHO.
 He's on the Matt O'neill body instead of the superhero body, which is fitting with the character in the TV series.
He has molded hair, but I completely understand the reasoning behind that decision after putting his cowl on.
The cowl fits tightly to the face, and I think he  looks even more like the TV version of Batman with it on. In fact, I like him so much I'm contemplating getting a second one to be "Bruce Wayne" all the time.
All in all a wonderful version of a favorite character to commemorate a favorite childhood TV series. I only hope that we get to see Boy Wonder in this line eventually. At present, it seems Batgirl will be added to the series next. I did buy Catwoman, who was released at the same time as Batman. She isn't quite as good a likeness as Batman (IMHO), but the outfit is great. And since this blog does focus on the male dolls.................I hope that we get to see  Joker, Riddler and Penguin as seen in the series as well. Egghead would be fun too. Are you listening Mr. Tonner?

No comments:

Post a Comment