Sunday, May 10, 2020

Some Tonner Love

I haven't checked in on this blog for a while. I've been more into the BJD's lately, but I always seem to come back around to Barbie and or Tonner a few times a year. Both Barbie and Tonner are such a huge part of my doll collecting history. Today I just felt like getting a couple of my Tonner repaints down for some camera time. 
Quinn is a Russell repainted by the incredibly talented Sonya Giddens. I have 2 guys repainted by Sonya and they are keepers on my shelf.
I loved the braided hairstyle on Urban Sport Esme as soon as I saw her, but her original lip color wasn't to my liking, so I had mine enhanced by Gena Claire. I somehow never got a BW body to transplant her onto, but I still enjoy her on her original BA body.



3 comments:

  1. Your Tonner couple looks so nice together, and it's encouraging to see other people still value having them in their collections. Isn't that American Girl Caroline's backdrop behind them? What a great thing to have in your collection, as it fits so well with the 16" dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I do still love my Tonner's even if I don't play with them as much as I do my BJD's. I'll probably always have a core group of Tonner dolls that were special to me, and they do photograph beautifully. Yes, that is the AG Caroline backdrop. LOVE it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Linda! Before I got into BJD's, Tonner repaints were my focus for a while. I've sold quite a few on to new homes, but this Russell is a keeper for me. He's a favorite. Tyler has a special place in my collection too. Will have to go check out your post.

    ReplyDelete