Sunday, October 27, 2019

Back to Barbie

While my doll collecting focus has moved to Asian BJD's primarily over the last 10 years or so, I have kept representatives of most of the doll lines I've dabbled in during my 25+ years of collecting. Since Barbie started it all, and was a big influence on my collecting I still have quite a few Barbie/Ken and friends. When Mattel introduced the made to move bodies, I have to admit I started perusing the Barbie aisles again looking for a cheap doll fix. A few times a year I like to get them out and play with something totally different from my norm. I pick up cute outfit pieces when the mood strikes me and have a bin full of clothes in their size. This morning I felt like digging out some of the cute fall things and playing Barbie. The 2 dolls here are Fashionista faces repurposed onto the poseable bodies.
The cute chair was a Hobby Lobby find.
Clothing are all mix and match pieces by Mattel.
I'm not usually a fan of sculpted hair, but there was something about this Fashionista line Ken's face that really appealed to me, so I got him hoping he would be a color match for one of the extra "Peeta's" I had found on clearance on the poseable Ken body and surprisingly he was.
Barbie is also a Fashionista face. I've loved some of the doll faces that have come through that line over the past several years, and have bought and re-bodied many of them. I loved the curly hair and closed mouth on this version of Barbie. The facial screening was good as well for a $8.99 doll.





No comments:

Post a Comment