Saturday, November 20, 2021

The Looks

 I've liked the dolls in the Mattel "Looks" collection since their premiere earlier this year, but I kept missing them at retail. I finally decided I would just go ahead and spring for this guy (#5- using the new Sean sculpt) when I saw him for right around $30 on Amazon. I do have a soft spot for the guys, and I really did like everything about this guy. I've also been complaining about the lack of male dolls on the made to move bodies, so decided I should put my money where my mouth is when Mattel finally did release one I loved. I finally released him from his packaging today and got him in front of the camera.


I really do like this new sculpt quite a bit. I like how they did his hair too, with the partial flocking.


I like the basic clothing pieces he comes with. While I liked the idea that the BMR1959 line was on the made to move bodies in various sizes, I wasn't a huge fan of the clothing for most of those dolls. I love that we get basic mix and matches pieces from this new Looks line. Sean comes in black "pleather" pants and a sleeveless black tee with plain white tennis shoes.

His clothing pieces will be really easy to mix and match with other Ken clothing I have in my arsenal. His hairstyle will also lend him to lots of redressing potential as well.


I have already ordered the new AA sculpt #4- Jon, who I'm really looking forward to getting in hand and I'd like to add the girls in the first wave as well before they become completely impossible to find.
I have seen some photos of three new dolls coming soon in wave 2. Only one guy in that grouping so far, and he appears to have Native American inspiration. Really looking forward to seeing some owner pics of those dolls when they start hitting stores. I hope this is a line that sticks around for a while.












1 comment:

  1. Thanks Linda! Yes, I hope the new dolls will be easier to find too. As I said, I finally did cave and buy this guy at Amazon prices, as well as his friend Jon. I'm glad to have them, but it would sure be nice to have been able to find them at retail.

    ReplyDelete