Friday, May 7, 2021

Threezero Game of Thrones

 I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Game of Thrones. Like more than a few folks, I loved the show up until the last season. I won't spoil anything for those of you that haven't seen it and might want too, but I was just disappointed in how several of the characters storylines ended up. I did start collecting Threezero's figures representing the line a few years ago though.  While not on par with say Hot Toys, there are a few of the characters I think they have done really well. Arya, from the early seasons, and Hound are two of them. I've recently started reading the books for the first time, and it has sparked my interest in the Threezero figures again, so I thought I would share some photos here on my blog. I have read complaints on some of the action figure discussion boards about The Hound's hair, but I like that they didn't use sculpted hair for him. I think it adds to his realism.  As I said previously, I think he is one of their best likenesses (that I own) to date.


Arya is another good likeness IMHO. Threezero has announced a version of her from Season 8 of the show, that I will need to add to my collection as well. Here is the version of her from the early seasons. Again, a very well done figure.

She's a lot of fun to pose and play with. I was inspired by this photo of her I found on the net to have a play session with her and her sword.

I should have put a different hand on her to see if I could achieve a closer resemblance to the photo above, but below is my interpretation of the above shot of the actress.

Her joints move smoothly and easily, making it fun to pose her in various positions.



All the Threezero figures come with minimal accessories when compared to Hot Toys for instance, or even Star Ace and the Harry Potter line, but the price points are a bit less than Hot Toys for the most part as well. Arya comes with her sword Needle, and a short dagger, and several different styles of hands.

More "inspired by" play time...........this time I was inspired by the photo above. The Clegane figure didn't come with a regular set of hands, both of his options were the armored/gloved style.
































2 comments:

  1. I did not know these dolls existed! Arya and the Hound are my favorite GoT characters. Your dolls of them are amazing! (Wandy in Pensacola)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Threezero does a pretty good job overall with the line. I'm really pleased with most all the characters they have done so far.

      Delete